3. Guatemala Independence Day

Hi! I hope you're having a good week! :)
Just sending an email to tell you a little bit about Guatemala.
Guatemalan's celebrated the country's 195th Independence Day 2 weeks ago on September 15th (also the day of my Guatemala-loving-Pastor's daughter's birthday). September 15th is a day of joyful celebration all throughout Guatemala; parades and bands march the streets. Students spend a couple of weeks before Independence Day preparing to walk the streets in celebration through music, decoration, images, and the waving of the Guatemalan white and blue flag.
The girls at Proximos Pasos spent 2 weeks preparing for their Independence Day festivities.
Here are some pictures of the girls in Santa Maria de Jesus!

God willing, I will be moving to Guatemala in 3 months, but I can't do it alone. I've created a chart of how many monthly supporters I'll need for living expenses while I am working at Proximos Pasos through Mission Impact. Click here if you’d like to become a monthly supporter or make a one-time donation.
 *Be sure to choose Vanessa Salcedo in the drop menu under "Gift Designation"
Thank you for your support and prayer!
Have a blessed Thursday!

Would you consider becoming a monthly supporter?
I currently have 3 monthly supporters!!
Their support totals to $130/mth! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Partner with Me?

Santa María de Jesús