2. Bible Study

This morning I was reading Hebrews; I read about how Jesus became like humankind and tasted death for every single person, so that we are able to live in eternity with God.

By God's grace, He sent His Son to overcome sin and death and because of that we are called to obediently place our faith in Jesus Christ. The way that we declare our faith is by serving/loving people and therefore serving God, by spreading the Gospel through loving others and teaching them the word of God. John 13:35 says that “by this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

As I was reflecting on Hebrews, I just kept hoping that through education and discipleship I am able to be a servant for the girls of Proximos Pasos. Hebrews 1:3 says that God is sustaining in all things, this made me realize that sustainability is an important attribute of God.

For the girls in Santa Maria de Jesus, sustainability can be created by educating the girls so that they can have future jobs and teach others. My goal is to teach these girls English and discipleship so that when I leave after 2 years of service the girls in Santa Maria de Jesus will grow up to be women who serve one another, women who give back. My hope is that I can serve the Guatemalan girls so that they can grow up to serve and teach other Guatemalan girls, and therefore creating a sustainable future that grows for generations to come.

Thank you for reading a bit of my heart for the girls!
I'm moving to Guatemala in 3 months (!!!), but I really can't do it without your support. I've created a chart of how many monthly supporters I'll need for living expenses while I am working at Proximos Pasos through Mission Impact. Click here if you’d like to become a monthly supporter or make a one-time donation.
*** Be sure to choose Vanessa Salcedo in the drop menu under "Gift Designation"
Thank you for your support and prayer!
I have 2 monthly supporters!!
Their support totals to $30/mth! :) Woohoo!

Would you consider becoming a monthly supporter?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Partner with Me?

Santa María de Jesús