Restoration and Hope

Hello!
Just here to let you know about how things have been going. Spanish class is going really well! I'm just about halfway done, then I will be able to focus on serving at Proximos Pasos with Mission Impact. I got to meet and fellowship with 12 out of the 15 missionaries/staff members of Proximos Pasos. The staff is very much loving and they told me that they understand the difficulties of leaving your country and your family while they continued to assure me that they are here for me and that they will be my family in Guate. We joined together to thank God for calling and encouraging all of us to serve and make disciples of the young girls at Proximos Pasos.

I have been going to a church called Iglesia del Camino for the last three weeks, and it is becoming my home church in Guatemala. Iglesia del Camino has a great community that shares God's love while they seek Him together and spread the Gospel. I've been going to a weekly Bible Study where I am challenged and grateful for the relationships and wisdom shared between all who attend.

At the last Bible Study a lady asked us "is God all that you want/need?" She challenged us to acknowledge, in the midst of a prayer/request, that God is sufficient - whether the answer to our prayer be a yes or no. We must come to the realization that God is enough, but we have to actually live life believing this truth. We were created for nothing else but to bring others alongside us while we journey into eternity.

God is moving in mighty ways and truly becoming the Lord of people's lives in Guatemala! Jesus Christ is going from a distant figure that can't be directly approached to being recognized as a personal Savior who desires restoration and relationship with everyone. "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: Whilewe were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8


I love you and thank you very much for supporting me even while I prepare to serve.
Please keep Proximos Pasos, Mission Impact, and the team in your prayers.

~~~~~~~~~~


If you would like to join me in serving with Mission Impact you can go to the MI Website to become a Monthly Supporter or make a One-Time Donation. You just fill out the form and choose "Vanessa Salcedo Support" as the Gift Designation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Partner with Me?

Santa María de Jesús