Happy Valentine's Day!

Today Facebook reminded me that 5 years ago on Valentine’s Day, I received the news that I was accepted to attend college at Azusa Pacific University.

Praise God for all of His providence! As I’ve said in previous messages, God has offered a hope that transcends my elementary school goal of simply surviving. 5 years ago I was a senior at Anaheim High School, and I got into the only school that I applied to - APU. The professors and faculty of this university taught me so much (and I still don’t know much, haha). I was able to attend a school that has professors who fear and love God. Professors that pray for the semester on the first day of class, and for the lesson during the class hours. Professors that ask you if you need prayer for anything, or invite you into their homes to meet and fellowship with their families.

I am forever grateful for a Christian education, and the preparations that God was ingraining in my life throughout my 4 years at APU. I’m grateful that God placed me in ministry with Thousand Pines over the past 3 years. I was able to serve at a Christian camp that has weekly devotions, Bible Studies, and daily prayer circles.
I know that once we have chosen to follow Christ, our role changes from living as disciples of this world to living as disciples of Christ. Once we choose to live as disciples of Christ, we are called to serve and spread the Gospel, to make disciples of others. My small mind didn’t recognize that throughout my entire Christian journey God was preparing me to join Mission Impact in serving and making disciples of girls in Santa Maria de Jesus, Guatemala. But hey, at least I recognize it now?! Thank God for calling and empowering disciples to spread His Word in all nations!
Valentine’s Day is rightly reminding me of God’s love and call.

I love you all, and I am so thankful for your love and support!
Vanessa Salcedo



I've been in Guatemala for a little longer than 2 weeks, and Spanish class has been going really well! I am happy to say that I am 75% funded thanks to many wonderful ministry partners!

I'm still in need of more supporters in order to reach 100%. If you would like to join me in ministry with Mission Impact, you can go to Mission Impact's Website to set up Monthly Contributions or a One-Time Gift. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Partner with Me?

Santa María de Jesús