5. Two Years in Guatemala

     My little brother messaged me in a panic, asking why I was going to a third world country. He told me I was crazy, then asked me “why two years!?”
     My response to questioning the duration is that I believe I should be present in the community that I will be serving. I want to be fully present in the community during my time with Mission Impact, and I want to be there long enough to get to know the people as well as their needs. I think that living with them, creating relationships with them, and seeking to accomplish a goal together will do good and hopefully create room for progress. These are my intentions, and I am fully aware that the Santa Maria de Jesus natives have made progress; they're amazing :) There are now easily accessible roads going into the village that make some technology possible when it wasn't even on their radar while my pastor was there 20 years ago.
     I have been poured into by people all throughout my life, and now it is my turn to pour into others, to serve others. I am God’s vessel and I want to tell people of Jesus while witnessing to them that I truly believe what I say I do. My ultimate goal is to return to the U.S. and continue my education in Social Work so that I can serve right here at home.
Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”
- John 20:21

Raising Support

Please consider helping me get to Guatemala to serve these girls by making a financial contribution! Help me spread the Gospel to these girls. If you'd like to help me serve in Guatemala, you can contribute by clicking on this link to become a Monthly Supporter or make a One-Time Contribution.
*Remember to choose "Vanessa Salcedo Support" in the Gift Designation.
I have 9 Monthly Supporters pledged!
1/4th of the way to my goal.
Would you become a Monthly Supporter and cover another box?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Partner with Me?

Santa María de Jesús