Four Months Left!


Jesus said "I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you." John 13:15
Hello!

It's July 2018! That's crazy because it means I have already been in Guatemala for a year and a half! I’ve been teaching English, discipling the girls in Bible classes, and building relationships with the girls and their families through both devotionals and home visits here in Santa María de Jesús. 
I absolutely appreciate every way that you all help me and support me. As many of you might know I’ve been receiving about 76% of monthly support, some months I receive more and some less. When I haven’t received the full 100% support, I've thankfully had money in my savings to make ends meet.
But now my savings are no more and I need to get to 100% funding. I would so appreciate your help to finish up this commitment to serve in Guatemala (and even with getting back home)!

I need your help!
This feels like a huge request, but I am asking you to prayerfully consider financially supporting the need of about $1300 in one-time donations for the last 4 months that I’m here. I need your help, if you are able and willing!
$1,300 seems overwhelming, but it could look like 12 people making one-time donations of $110; or maybe even 12 people becoming monthly supporters at about $27.50 a month for 4 months. If you are interested in partnering with me, there are some instructions on how to give at the bottom of this message.
Just to be clear, the only way that I receive funding while I serve in Guatemala is by God providing through your generosity, and I appreciate your generosity more than you could know. It has many challenges, but it is such an honor and privilege to serve here and to get to love the girls and their families! I praise God that He’s provided through all of your support up to this point! I don’t doubt that He’ll continue to use you all!

For What?!
So, that's $1,300 in additional support for 4 months ($325/month).
Unfortunately, my computer completely died on me a month ago, so I had to buy a new laptop (super important for a teacher and a missionary that has to communicate with everyone back home), but the cost of that laptop depleted the rest of my savings.
Fun things that have also depleted my savings include lab exams to see if I have parasites, then the pretty expensive medicine that I had to buy to get rid of said parasites.

So, along with the cost of a new laptop and medical care, there are a few things that I cannot pay for without your help!
Before going back to the States, I’ll have to head to the clinic for lab work one more time. I have to book a flight back to LAX (for November) - and I have to book this flight before I am allowed to renew my visa around September (another expense). Lastly, I need to make sure my car is insured just in case anything happens to it - I use it daily to get to and from Proximos Pasos.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to message me!

Prayer Requests
  •  
  • Please pray specifically for the hearts of the families that we work with at Proximos Pasos! The Lord is changing lives here, and we want that to multiply!
  •  
  • Please prayerfully consider partnering with me as I work the last 4 months that I'm here. I cannot do it without your generosity!
  •  
  • You can make a donation by clicking here. You can fill out the form and indicate "Vanessa Salcedo Support" as the Gift Designation.
I love you guys!
I'm so thankful for the way that God has used you all to get me this far! I love being able to share God's Word and His love at Proximos Pasos.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Partner with Me?

Santa María de Jesús