There is no Fear in Love


Sometimes difficult situations spring up and we sit crying and praying before 8:30 am, like today. I'm writing this message to you all, because I just want to be open with all of you as supporters and share a piece of my heart for this ministry, for these girls, and the hope we have in the Lord.

Conducting this “missionary life” and seeking God’s will in this place can be challenging. I absolutely love that we get to share the word of God with these girls, and that we get to be a part of them first starting a relationship with God if they haven’t done so yet. I love telling them of the grace - that is free to us - but that Jesus paid for with His life. He died and three days later was raised again, because death and sin had no power over Him.

I know there are situations that occur far too often for our "comfort," but the reality is that some of these girls live in this pain and discomfort, some of them live in unpleasant situations. There are times that we don’t even know what their situations are, but there are times that we find out, we cry, we pray, and after prayer we see what other steps God is calling us to take.
As a ministry, we are trying to rid this sinful nature by sharing the Word of God with the girls, by caring and loving for them the way that God has called us to, and by declaring His goodness. We are trying to break these chains by inviting moms and dads to come hear about God and His good news.
_________________________________

I know that the chains of "paying for your own salvation" need to be broken in this society. I want these girls to know that Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection is the reason we are able to have a relationship with the Lord – and that this means we don’t have to earn it anymore.
There’s nothing we can do to deserve grace and eternity with Him, but that’s okay because He’s already “earned” that freedom for us.

I pray that they know and understand that obedience and serving is only an outcome, or a response, to the grace that’s been given to us, and not the means by which we are saved. We live according to the will of God, because we love Him and He has great plans for us – and because of His grace our hearts are inclined to respond obediently.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.
1 John 4:18a


Prayer Requests
  • I'll be sharing the truth of the last two paragraphs with the girls this week, and I hope that you'll join me in prayer over the girls. That they would desire to be in relationship with the Lord, and that we can navigate that relationship together.  

  • If you'd like to partner with me as I continue to work with Mission Impact for the rest of 2018, I would appreciate prayers for the girls, for the ministry, and for what God has planned this year.
  • You can also become a financial partner by clicking here, and choosing "Vanessa Salcedo Support"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Partner with Me?

Santa María de Jesús